- This event has passed.
Conducting RPL Assessment – 2-part series
21 October @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm$135
Even the best and most experienced assessors are often stumped about how to conduct an effective assessment via a Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process. However, recognising the existing skills and knowledge of candidates is fundamental to competency based assessment and our vocational training and assessment system. Having an RPL process that supports and encourages participants to participate in it, brings many benefits with it, not only for the candidate themselves, but also industry, the assessor and the RTO.
Assessing through RPL is therefore and important skill for assessors to have in their toolbox. This two-part webinar series looks at the value and benefits of RPL, how to conduct a sound RPL assessment, what’s included in a robust RPL process and the tools that are required to carry out an RPL assessment.
This two-part webinar series covers:
- What is Recognition of Prior Learning and how should it actually work?
- When should RPL be encouraged?
- What’s needed to conduct an RPL assessment?
- What should an RPL process look like?
- What forms of evidence can be accepted in RPL?
- How can I tell if I have all the evidence I need?
- Getting support for RPL from other stakeholders
This is a two-part webinar series. Each part will run at the same time on the same day, over two consecutive weeks. The webinars will be held on:
- Wednesday 21st October, 2020
- Wednesday 28th October, 2020
At the end of this webinar series, you will receive:
- Certificate of Attendance to add to your PD file
- Copy of slides and any related handouts
- Opportunity to ask questions of our expert