The NSSC (National Skills Standards Council) have released an update about the current review on training industry regulations and standards. The issues paper clearly outlines the topics of focus for this review which will result in new standards being submitted to the Council of Australian Governments’ Standing Council on Tertiary Education, Skills and Employment in mid-late 2013.
The seven issues identified and discussed in this paper are:
- The purpose of the standards
- Quality of training and assessment
- Engagement with industry
- Reducing unnecessary regulatory duplication
- Responsive regulation
- Consistent interpretation and implementation of the standards
- Transparency of the VET sector
You can see details of the review and download the issues paper here.
The next stage will be to draft the new standards based on consultation with stakeholders in regards to the issues identified. New standards are expected to be implemented during 2014.