NSSC are undertaking a review of National Standards for VET. This encompasses many of the standards affecting RTOs including:
- AQTF Essential Conditions and Standards for Initial Registration
- AQTF Essential Conditions and Standards for Continuing Registration
- Standards for National Vet Regulator (NVR) Registered Training Organisations
- NVR Fit and Proper Person Requirements
- NVR Financial Viability Risk Assesment Requirements
However the following standards are not being included in this review process:
- Standards for the development and endorsement of Training Packages (this review is being conducted as a separate project)
- Resourcing of regulators, ISCs or any other body
- Funding mechanisms used by Governments
- VET workforce development strategies
- Regulatory frameworks of other education sectors
The consultation paper for the 1st stage of the review is currently available here.
The review will consider the content of the standards along with how they are interpreted, applied and implemented, including consideration of the impact changes may have to RTOs.
The aim is to release reviewed standards that are able to ensure quality outcomes, are clearly documented and capable of being consistently interpreted, and effectively implemented. Implementation is likely to happen from 2014.
For more information visit: http://www.nssc.natese.gov.au/standards_review#review_1