What are the effects of the introduction of the modern award on industrial relations settings and performance incentives in private VET providers?
- Information on any quantitative studies, with a focus on Australia, that seek to identify the relationship between the characteristics of trainers and assessors with the quality of student outcomes.
- Information on the ability of RTOs delivering the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment to significantly increase their scale of delivery while also improving quality and compliance. It would also welcome information on the ability of state and territory regulators to more intensively audit and enforce compliance in the event of an increase in the number of RTOs delivering the Certificate IV.
- Views on the appropriateness of increasing (from two to five years) the transition period during which existing VET practitioners should be required to gain a full Certificate IV.
- Input in the form of quantitative evidence on the relationship between teacher qualifications and teaching quality by level of qualification.
- Information on the additional knowledge and skills required by VET practitioners delivering within workplaces, and evidence on whether or not the workforce has adequate capability in this area.