Training Partners Australia in collaboration with RTO Advice Group consultants, Sally Tansley and Jacqui Hodge, are developing an accredited course that we have proposed to call “Graduate Diploma in VET Quality Systems and Compliance.”
We have been talking for some time about the skills gap in the RTO compliance area and have decided to take some action to address this problem.
Accredited courses are developed to meet training needs that are not addressed by existing training packages. While the TAE10 Training and Education Training Package includes a qualification for trainers and assessors, there is currently no qualification that describes the skills and knowledge required of a RTO Compliance Manager or Owner. The VET sector has more than 4,000 RTOs and these RTOs and their compliance staff manage a very complex organisation with a range of competing interests. It’s appropriate that a high level qualification is developed to support the important work RTOs do in maintaining a high quality VET education sector.
Have your say!
We sent out a similar survey to this one in December 2015 and have now further refined the qualification based on the valuable feedback we were provided. Thank you if you participated and provided us with feedback during round one.
This is our second round of surveys that includes our current thoughts on the qualification structure and units. We will use to feedback gained from Industry (you ) to further refine the course and to support our application for its accreditation. We plan to lodge the application by the end of May 2016 with the view to preparing to run the course in early 2017.
- Are you working in VET?
- Is VET quality systems and compliance a part of your role?
- Do you provide quality systems or compliance service or support to RTOs?
- Do you manage people in a relevant role?
We would love to get your feedback to contribute to ensuring this course meets the needs of the industry and wider community.
There are a few ways you can contribute your feedback. Firstly, please read the consultation paper and feedback form : Industry Consultation Form May 2016 V2
You can do any or all of the following:
- Use the form above to provide your comments.
- Email or call us to discuss your comments by contacting Sally Tansley – firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 6684 6686 or 0419 220 897.
- Join our online meeting on the 18th May at 2pm discuss your feedback. Please email Sally (email@example.com) and she will send you the meeting invitation to join us at this time. Please note your voice and chats will be recorded if you join the session. If you don’t want to be recorded please submit your feedback by methods 1 or 2 above.
Published 5th May 2016